Easy Baked Rockfish Fillet Recipe
Here is a ridiculously easy, rockfish fillet recipe that produces the juiciest, most flavorful fish gently steamed in a ginger-scallion, miso infused broth that is to-die-for!
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon ginger julienned
- ginger julienned
- scallion (green portion only) julienned
- orange bell pepper julienned
- cilantro leaves sliced
- sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400°F
Mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, mirin, miso, seafood stock, soy sauce in a bowl.
Place the rockfish fillets into a baking dish and pour the sauce mixture over it. Sprinkle with the julienned fresh ginger.
Using a very large piece of aluminum foil. Cover the entire baking dish completely, so that no steam escapes during the cooking process.
Transfer the baking dish to the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Fish is done when the flesh is opaque and flakes easily when twisted with a fork. Alternatively, you can also check by inserting an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fillet. The is fish is done when the meat thermometer registers 145°F.
- Use very fresh ingredients - buy the best quality fillets possible.
- Check and remove any pin bones prior to baking. The easiest way to do this is to pan the fillets dry and gently touch the fillets with your finger. Use a tweezer to remove any pin bones.
- Seal the entire baking dish tightly with a very large piece of aluminum foil that covers the baking dish completely so that all the steam is used to cook the fish.
- Cooking time may vary based on the size and thickness of the fillets. If you open the foil and find that more time is needed, simply seal the foil back the best you can and put a baking sheet on top of the baking dish to hold it down. Cook for additional minutes as needed.
- When serving, be sure to use a large spatula to pick up the fish from the baking dish. The fish will be very delicate so the best method to transfer it to a dish is to use a large spatula and lift the filet by scraping it across the bottom of the fish.
- Serve immediately - this fish is best when served as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Each serving of this Easy Rockfish Fillet Recipe has about 262 calories, 32.3g of protein, 29g of fat and 6.3g of carbohydrates. This Easy Rockfish Fillet Recipe yields 2 servings.
The nutrition information has been calculated using an online recipe nutrition calculator and is intended for informational purposes only. Please use it as a general guideline. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should independently verify it using your preferred tool.