Best Foods Potato Salad Recipe
Quick and easy, this Best Foods Potato Salad Recipe is just what you need to wow everyone at your next BBQ! Here's the time-tested classic side dish with everything you need to get it right the first time! For even deeper flavor, just make it the day before and chill in the fridge. It doesn't get easier than that!
Servings: 8 people
Large mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes about 5-6 , scrubbed and cut into ¾cubes
- 2 Tablespoons table salt
- ¼ cup sugar divided
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar divided
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery diced, about 2-3 ribs
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ cup scallions green part only, thinly sliced, about 4
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves minced
- ¼ cup relish or chopped pickles
- 2 Tablespoon whole grain mustard to taste
- 1 ¼ cups Best Foods or Hellman's mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- paprika garnish
Boil the potatoes. Add 2 quarts of cold water to a large saucepan. Add the potatoes, table salt and 2 Tablespoons of vinegar to the water. Heat the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until tender - about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and spread even over a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with 2 Tabelspoons of vinegar. Cool to room temperature - about 30 minutes.
Make the dressing. Mix the remaining sugar and vinegar, celery, onion, scallion, parsley, mustard, mayonnaise and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Fold the potatoes into the dressing. Add the cooled potatoes to the dressing. Season as needed. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
This recipe yields approximately 8 servings. The nutrition information has been calculated using an online recipe nutrition calculator and is intended for informational purposes only and should be used as a general guideline. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should independently verify it using your preferred tool.