The Best Indian Mango Lassi Recipe
On the hottest of summer days, try this sweet yet slightly tart, fruity Indian Mango Lassi Recipe! Widely popular in the Indian Subcontinent, this refreshing yogurt based drink comes together with just a few ingredients and is the perfect accompaniment for spicy Indian meals!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups chopped mangoes about 1 large mango
- 2 teaspoon sugar to taste
- 1 cup full fat yogurt cold
- ⅓ cup buttermilk chilled
- ½ cup ice cubes
Flavorings - Optional
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 8 saffron strands
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
Garnish - Optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped mangoes
- 3 tablespoon whipped cream lightly sweetened
- 3 mint sprigs
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon broken cashews
- 1 tablespoon broken pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
In a blender, add all ingredients for the mango lassi. Add 1-2 flavoring ingredients if desired.
Blend until smooth. Adjust consistency by adding more milk to thin or more mango to thicken.
Pour into a glass. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields approximately 4 servings. The nutrition information has been calculated using an online recipe nutrition calculator and is intended for informational purposes only and should be used as a general guideline. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should independently verify it using your preferred tool.