Hoisin Roast Chicken
Choose Hoisin Roast Chicken as a quick and healthy alternative to your usual dinner routine. Chicken legs can be quickly marinated in the morning and ready to go by dinnertime. Place the marinated legs on a wire rack into a 450 degree pre-heated oven.. 40 minutes later - voila - perfectly crisp, juicy chicken.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken legs with skin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sambal olek or more to increase heat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
In a zip lock bag, combine all the ingredients with the chicken legs. Mix well. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
Place chicken on a wire rack on top of a baking tray and roast in heated oven for about 35-45 minutes. Take out of the oven when fully cooked - you will know this when a cooking thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of one of the chicken legs.
- If you use a wire rack to roast your chicken there is no need to flip the chicken as the rack will ensure even heat distribution.
- Basting is unnecessary - the chicken skin is crisp and delicious as is
- I have found that there is really no need to "dry" the chicken with a paper towel prior to roasting to ensure crispness.